20 SMART Goals for 2020
There are several things I’d like to accomplish next year. Below, I share my 20 SMART goals for 2020:
- 365 days of Python & R code – follow this hashtag #dailycoding – posting learning progress on social media
- Help 20 companies with their social media strategy (focused on companies innovating in the data science and artificial intelligence space)
- Obtain 52 PDUs to remain in good standing with Project Management Institute as a PMP holder – take LinkedIn Learning and other courses
- Maintain a list of data science/ artificial intelligence conferences in the US
- Attend 6 conferences (data science, artificial intelligence, social media, banking, etc.) and share insights
- Publish Mothers of Data Science with Kristen Kehrer
- Publish Data Literacy for Kids with Jordan Morrow
- Run 5 marathons in 5 states (part of We Run Marathons); in addition to several other runs
- Read 20 books and share key highlights
- Conduct 20 Humans of Data Science (HoDS) video interviews
- Manage the Datacated Weekly project
- Grow the Story by Data Freelancers Community to 1,000 members – fill out the form here to join
- Meet 20 of my LinkedIn contacts in person
- Develop DATAcated product line (calendars, notebooks, t-shirts, pens, etc.)
- Deliver 5 sessions of data visualization/ Tableau training
- Volunteer for 20 hours of my time
- Visit 20 museums/ attractions with my family
- Learn how to play Wish You Were Here (by Pink Floyd) on a guitar – record it & share with my network
- Have a book signing for The Disruptors: Data Science Leaders and Journey to Data Scientist
- Go on 20 fun adventures (e.g. cooking lessons, dancing, pottery, rock-climbing, swimming, long runs, etc.)
SMART goals are:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time-based (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
What are your goals for 2020?
Published by – Kate Strachnyi DATAcated to telling stories with data | Runner | Mom of 2 | LinkedIn Top Voice in Data Science & Analytics